"Beware of a man with manners." - Miss Eudora Welty
"... They love secrecy even when there's no need for secrecy." - Donna Tartt

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veterans Day

Click Here to View:
REMEMBER ME Tribute to Our Troops and Veterans (Youtube)

Two years ago 15 year-old Lizzie Palmer from Columbus, Ohio, felt compelled to do her part to remind people of our troops and veterans… and the sacrifices they make.

To date, more than 25 million people have viewed "Remember Me" on YouTube with its haunting music and moving images of Americans at war.

Regardless of where one stands on the war, Lizzie Palmer has reminded us to always remember and to never forget our troops and veterans.

Happy Veterans Day.

1 comment:

Kenny Wayne said...

Hey Old Friend,

Got your blog spot from an email from David Little. I just asked about you the other day. I had Mona Pittman from Batesville to come and speak to my students about Election 2008 and her experiences in the Democratic Party. I asked her if she knew you. She said she met you at the Democratic National Convention. How are you? We are good. I would love to see pictures of you near perfect boys. I will try to forward you some pics. of Spencer and Anna. They are growing up so fast. They are both a lot like Kenny. Anna looks like him and Spencer acts like him. I still miss him and my life with him but I have made a new life for us and it is good. I sure have lots of good memories. I can't wait to start following your blog. Thanks for the info. on Eudora Welty. I love her. I am going to read something by her with my students. They don't have a clue about her. Imagine that. Talk to you later...Amanda